Welcome to the Environmental Learning Centers of Connecticut!
Our Mission is to: “Inspire the appreciation and enjoyment of nature, through education and conservation, fostering a healthy environment and an improved quality of life”.
ELCCT offers a diversity of hands-on experiential programs using a variety of resources and facilities.
Our programs are offered at the Indian Rock Nature Preserve, the Harry C. Barnes Memorial Nature Center and in the schools of Connecticut. Annually we provide environmental educational programs to over 20,000 children and families from over 70 Connecticut communities!
In addition to our education programs, ELCCT also serves as a land trust and has protected over 750 acres of land in Bristol, Burlington and Southington, Connecticut.
We encourage you to get involved. Join a program, visit our facilities, make a contribution, or become a volunteer. Learn what nature and ELCCT has to offer.
Visit our new Virtual Learning Page!
We are very excited to offer teachers, parents and students our new Virtual Learning Page!
Visit our “Virtual Learning” page and get started!
Featured Volunteer Opportunies:
- Farm Animal Caretaker- Tuesday, Thursday or Friday mornings
Explore our “Get Involved” page for details!
Did you know that Indian Rock and the Barnes Nature Center are available for:
- Private and Corporate functions
- Wedding Receptions
- Holiday Parties
- Birthday parties at Barnes Nature Center
- Explore our “Facilities Rental” page for more information!
The Harry C. Barnes Memorial Nature Center
- Meet native and exotic reptiles, amphibians and insects, live owls, try your hand at one of our many interactive exhibits, and by all means, explore our trails!
- Nature gift shop
- Birthday Party rentals
- Open to the Public: 10a-4p Saturdays and 12p-4p Sundays. Trails are open dawn to dusk 365 days/year
- General Admission: Members admitted Free
- Non members: $5/Adults, $3/Children (12 & under) and Seniors (65+)
- Visit “YouTube” to view a presentation of Barnes Nature Center by Scott Heth, our Executive Director!
- Follow Barnes Nature Center on Facebook