Welcome to the Environmental Learning Centers of Connecticut!
Our Mission is to: “Inspire the appreciation and enjoyment of nature, through education and conservation, fostering a healthy environment and an improved quality of life”.
ELCCT offers a diversity of hands-on experiential programs using a variety of resources and facilities.
Our programs are offered at the Indian Rock Nature Preserve, the Harry C. Barnes Memorial Nature Center and in the schools of Connecticut. In 2017, we provided our environmental educational programs to over 22,000 children and families from over 70 Connecticut communities!
In addition to our education programs, ELCCT also serves as a land trust and has protected over 750 acres of land in Bristol, Southington and Burlington, Connecticut.
We encourage you to get involved. Join a program, visit our facilities, make a contribution, or become a volunteer. Learn what nature and ELCCT has to offer.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
- Business & Corporate Groups
- Photographer for Santa’s Farm Event- Sat. & Sun., Dec. 8th and 9th
- Eagle Scout Projects
- General Maintenance
- Barnes Nature Center Guest Services & Docents
Explore our “Get Involved” page for details!
Did you know that Indian Rock and the Barnes Nature Center are available for:
- Private and Corporate functions
- Wedding Receptions
- Holiday Parties
- Birthday Parties at Barnes Nature Center
Explore our “Facility Rental Page” for more information.
The Harry C. Barnes Memorial Nature Center
- Rotating Exhibits and Live Animals
- Nature gift shop
- Birthday parties
- General Admission: Members admitted Free
- Non members: $5/Adults, $3/Children (12 & under) & Seniors (65+)
- Open to the Public: 10a-4p – Thurs. to Sat. and 12p-4p – Sunday. Trails Dawn to Dusk, 365 days/year
New exhibits and activities, view our extensive collection of native and exotic reptiles and amphibians, meet live Owls and a Hawk, try your hand at one of our many interactive exhibits, and by all means, explore our trails!
Visit “YouTube” to view a presentation of Barnes Nature Center by Scott Heth, our Executive Director.
Indian Rock Nature Preserve
- School programs
- Summer Camp
- Volunteer Opportunities including the Gardening for Good program
- Facilities Rentals
- Demonstration Farm
- Open to scheduled groups and events only.